Registering a domain name builds your credibility on the Internet. Use domain names to support your business and assist in creating a dynamic online presence. Your domain name establishes your online identity and increases branding, marketing and communication opportunities.
Register multiple domain names to:
- Keep your competition from registering a domain name that draws customers away from you.
- Promote the products and services you offer.
- Drive more traffic to your website.
- Enjoy more opportunities to market to — and be listed on — search engines.
- Create distinct advertising strategies to reach different target markets.
- Provide customers more ways to find you on the Internet.
- Capture common misspellings of your domain name, instead of sending visitors to an error page.
- Protect your brand and online identity from unsavory parties.
To get started, check to see if the domain name you want is available. If available, register the domain name for a period of time you specify during the checkout process.
Each and every domain name comes with all you need to get online.
- Domain Forwarding and Masking: Direct any domain name you own to your website. Anyone who types that domain name into their browser is taken directly to your website.
- Domain Locking: Domain locking prevents accidental or intentional transfers of domain ownership and stops anyone from redirecting your nameservers.
- Total DNS Control: Manage your domain nameserver (DNS) records and set your email, FTP, sub-domains and website location all from one control panel.
- Change of Registration: Assign your domain name to someone else or change the contacts for your domain online anytime.
- Status Alerts: Monitor the status of your domain and get instant alerts if there’s been a change.
- Auto Renew Protection: No need to watch expiration dates to make sure you renew on time! Auto renew keeps your domains, hosting, website builders, and other products in your name and under your control.
To Check a Domain Name’s Availability
- Go to our Registration Page
- In the Domain Name Search field, enter the domain name you want to register, and then select the domain name extension from the list.
- Click GO.
If the domain name you requested is already registered, we provide available alternatives. For example, you might be able to select a .info or .ws domain extension, rather than .com. Or you could register www.coolexample.info instead of www.coolexample.com.
If the domain name is available, follow the instructions to complete the checkout process. Be sure to include valid contact information for each contact. The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN), the governing body for domain names, requires valid contact information (registrant, technical, billing, and administrative). If you enter false information, your domain name can be canceled.
Your contact information is public and accessible through the Whois database at most registrars. However, you can protect your privacy by registering your domain name with us using our private domain name registration services.
When you purchase private domain name registration, the Whois database lists the name of our privacy affiliate company, as well as their postal address and phone number — instead of your personal contact information.